Client | Australian Rail Track Corporation
Location | Brisbane
Role | Commercial Advisor
Inland Rail is the safe, sustainable solution to Australia’s freight challenge and will transform the way we move freight around the country. This new 1,710km freight rail line will complete the spine of the national freight rail network, providing a road competitive service that will see freight delivered from Melbourne to Brisbane, via regional Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, in less than 24 hours with reliability, pricing and availability that is equal to or better than road.
In November 2013, the then Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon Warren Truss MP, committed $300 million to Inland Rail and tasked Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) with developing a detailed business case, a 10-year delivery plan and undertaking environmental assessments, planning approvals and design.
In May 2016, the Australian Government announced it will deliver Inland Rail through ARTC in partnership with the private sector, and announced an additional $594 million in equity funding to progress pre-construction activities and land acquisition for the Inland Rail Program through ARTC. Additionally, the Australian Government announced it will begin market testing for private sector involvement in the Program. The market testing is a separate process that will be led by the Department of Finance.
Corview was engaged to provide commercial advisory assistance to the ARTC project team. We provided a range of services including transaction management and planning, delivery options assessment, developing commercial principles, risk management and general commercial management.
Scope of Work
- Commercial advisory and management
- Reviewing contractual issues
- Preparing procurement documentation for market release
- Preparing other market engagement materials
- Managing wide range of deliverables
Key achievements to date are –
- Delivered key documents to Federal Government at key milestone date
- Prepared procurement documents for release to market, commencing a very large procurement exercise
- Prepared discrete documents as required by ARTC to assist with contract management, which was successfully rolled out to all suppliers