Client | Savills Project Management
Location | Evandale, Gold Coast, Queensland
Role | Business Case Development
The project involved the master planning and development of a Project Assessment Framework compliant business case for the theatre components of a new 16.9-hectare, arts-related cultural district in the Gold Coast.
Corview were engaged by Savills Project Management to develop the business case for the client, Gold Coast City Council.
Significant design works were completed prior to the commencement of business case / economic assessment. Savills worked with the ARM Architecture + Topotek1 and the Council to ensure a range of concept options could be explored and tested, regardless of the implication for the accepted masterplan.
Early work began in 2015, enabling completion of Stage 1 before the city hosts the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games and will comprise of –
- An amphitheatre catering to audiences up to 5,000
A curated ‘Artscape’ works including artistic and botanical landscape set around Evandale Lake
- The Riverside Hub adapting the existing Riverside building to feature an art gallery and food and beverage outlets
Scope of Work
- Development of a PAF compliant business case
- Evaluation of the commercial development opportunities, the scale, options and potential returns
- Economic and financial appraisals and overall value for money assessment
- Managing a large and diverse stakeholder group
- Balancing arts and cultural outcomes with government and commercial imperatives
- The stakeholder engagement proved to be a challenging element of the project with the ongoing and extensive consultation process required to ‘bring all’ existing stakeholder / operators, the client and wider steering committee
“Corview was appointed as Business Case Author, Lead Economist and Financial Analyst for the development of a Business Case for the Gold Coast Cultural Precinct. The consultancy was to follow the Queensland PAF guidelines and be aligned with the ability to seek funding from State and Commonwealth governments. Corview showed their value in rigorously interrogating the options available, financial modelling and leading the economic narrative in coordination with Savills and the team of project partners. Corview delivered a sound Business Case within the challenging time frames and stakeholder environment. We would recommend Corview on similar projects. ”
Lawson Katiza, Project Director – Project Management, Savills Australia