Client | Brisbane City Council
Location | Brisbane, Queensland
Role | Transaction Manager
The Go Between Bridge is a four-lane tolled cross-river connection from Coronation Drive and Hale Street in Milton to Montague Road, Merivale and Cordelia Streets in South Brisbane. The bridge was built under an alliance and was completed in mid-2010.
The engagement was to assist Brisbane City Council to procure the tolling operator and to have tolling services operational in sufficient time for opening of the bridge in July 2010.
Scope of Work
- Assisted in the development of a business plan for Go Between Bridge including the development of a detailed procurement option for tolling operations
- Development of a detailed transaction strategy for the tolling operations
- Lead commercial principles, documentation, negotiations and management of the transaction process to contract close
- Management of legal, technical and financial consultant teams
- Managed liaison with the Hale Street Link Alliance and other key stakeholders within Brisbane City Council and the Queensland Government
- Development of contract documents from first principles due to the lack of precedent documentation available to Brisbane City Council for deals of this nature at the time
- Achieved an attractive technical and commercial outcome for Brisbane City Council which met all its objectives
- Acclaim was received from Brisbane City Council’s executive management with respect to their satisfaction with the outcome and the management of the transaction process
- Development of an efficient and effective transaction process provided Brisbane City Council with certainty of achievement of objectives