Shaun is a lawyer with extensive procurement and contracts experience, having advised on a wide range of infrastructure projects, including railways, busways, toll roads, highways, hospitals, oil and gas projects, defence projects and the procurement of railway rollingstock and other equipment.
With degrees in both law and civil engineering, Shaun understands and advises on the complex interaction of technical, commercial and legal issues that arise in connection with major projects and has acted for a wide range of clients, from governments and private sector owners, through to financiers, contractors and consulting organisations.
Shaun has significant experience with various delivery and contracting approaches and, in addition to providing advice on procurement and contract processes and documentation, he advises on risk analysis and mitigation, delivery models and structuring, procurement processes and negotiations with tenderers including development of commercial alternatives and negotiation strategies.
Areas of expertise
- Feasibility and risk assessment
- Commercial risk and allocation
- Strategic procurement advice
- Project delivery models and contract selection
- Procurement documentation (including EOI, RFP and contract documentation)
- Tender evaluation and negotiation
Shaun’s experience in feasibility, procurement and contracts is diverse and comprehensive and includes projects such as:
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest – Transport for New South Wales
- Moreton Bay Rail Link – Queensland Rail Limited
- Legacy Way – Brisbane City Council
- Khabarovsk Oil Refinery Upgrade – Alliance Oil
- Sydney Metro – Transport for New South Wales
- Epping – Chatswood Rail Line – Transport for New South Wales
- Rollingstock Contracts – Pacific National
- APLNG’s Gladstone LNG Projects – Australia Pacific LNG
- North West Transitway Network – Transport for New South Wales
- Alliance Agreement for Water and Sewerage Renewal Program – Sydney Water