Partner and Managing Director
Shane has over 30 years’ experience as a professional engineer, manager and business leader across various infrastructure sectors including transport, water, energy, resources and property. His background provides a rare combination of private sector engineering and construction experience, senior public sector roles and strategic, commercial and technical advisory experience to a broad range of clients. Shane has a proven track record providing strategic advice, transaction advisory services and project management expertise on both large and small projects.
Shane was formerly the Queensland Deputy Coordinator-General overseeing the $8 billion SEQ Water Grid and chairing City North Infrastructure which delivered the $4.8 billion Airport Link project. Previously he held senior positions in both engineering and construction firms so understands the design and construction phases of projects. He now specialises in transaction management, managing the critically important procurement phases of projects. He is highly experienced in all forms of contracting models including ETI, ECI, D&C, PPP and Alliancing.
Most recently, Shane was the Transaction Manager on the Cross River Rail and Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 projects, Independent Technical Advisor for financiers on WestConnex Stage 2 and Procurement Advisor for Ausgrid on its 11kV inner city program of works.
Areas of Expertise
- Project and program management
- Industry engagement
- Transaction management
- Project delivery models
- Commercial negotiations
- Project planning and development
- Contracts and claims
- Integrated project teams
- Business performance improvement
- Achieving and demonstrating Value for Money
Shane’s experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- Cross River Rail – Cross River Rail Delivery Authority
- Gold Coast Light Rail, Stage 1 and 2 – GoldlinQ
- Westconnex, Stage 2 – Sydney Motorway Corporation
- Airport Link and Northern Busway – Queensland Government
- SEQWater Grid – Queensland Government
- Tarong Transport Alliance – Tarong Energy
- Wivenhoe Dam Upgrade Alliance – SEQWater