Director and Queensland State Manager
Russell has extensive experience leading infrastructure project teams and providing expert feasibility, business case, financial and commercial advice in relation to major project evaluation and procurement.
Russell’s specific area of interest is in detailed feasibility assessments, particularly for potential PPP transactions. He has extensive experience in the evaluation process including financing, private sector investment, economic analysis, transport planning and modelling, design and cost estimation, delivery options, risk assessment, market sounding, value capture, and commercial, legal and policy issues.
Russell has drafted, coordinated and compiled some of the largest and most complex infrastructure project business cases in Queensland and has a detailed understanding of a range of investment evaluation frameworks. He has experience with the Queensland Government’s Project Assessment and Value-for-Money Frameworks, Building Queensland’s Business Case Development Framework, the National Public Private Partnership Policy and Guidelines and Infrastructure Australia’s Reform and Investment Framework.
Areas of expertise
- Management of feasibility assessment and business cases
- Project management
- Project assessment frameworks
- Commercial risk and allocation
- Infrastructure project financing structures
- Project delivery models
- Contestability assessment
- Stakeholder management
Russell has played a key role in the development of some of the largest projects in Queensland, including:
- Rolling Stock Results Program – Queensland Rail
- Industry Partnering Program – Queensland Rail
- Contestability Assessment – Project Queensland
- Gateway Upgrade North – Queensland Government
- New Generation Rollingstock – Queensland Rail and Queensland Government
- Cross River Rail – Queensland Government
- Toowoomba Bypass – Queensland Government
- Gateway Upgrade – Queensland Government