Olivia is an experienced land use economist and strategic planner with a strong record of translating complex data led analysis into meaningful insights. Having worked across several sectors, Olivia brings significant expertise in economic supply and demand analysis, economic impact assessments, feasibility testing, land use planning and business case writing.
Olivia has successfully advised clients on a range of infrastructure projects that leveraged quantitative assessment and a robust understanding of the underlying factors that create better places for people to work, live and play. With a career spanning almost seven years, Olivia has undertaken numerous projects ranging from the business case, site identification, feasibility and rezoning phase to the acquisition and early planning phase. She has worked across several sectors, including residential, education, child care, health, retirement, aged care and transport.
As an economist and having worked with an array of public and private sector proponents, Olivia understands the necessary demand side requirements needed to justify major investment. As a strategic planner, Olivia also understands the policy context surrounding development and the broader benefits (or dis-benefits) projects can bring to the community.
Olivia has a strong understanding of varied datasets and software platforms enabling sound economic modelling and analysis, including DP&E/BTS projections, Cordell Connect, RP Data, ABS Table Builder, Estate Master, BOCSAR data, TRA data, the Higher Education Data Cube and MyChild data sets.
Areas of Expertise
- Data led and evidence-based land use analysis
- Business cases
- Market assessments
- Economic impact assessments and rezoning justification reports
- Feasibility testing
- Demographic projections
- Project management
Olivia’s experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- Sydney Metro West Business Case – Sydney Metro West
- Tasmania Infill Housing – Tasmania Department of State Growth/Place Design Group
- Kembla Prison Economic Assessment – Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Elizabeth North Training Depot (Adelaide) Site Analysis and Disposal Options Report – BECA/Department of Defence
- Urban Growth NSW Bays West Business Case Writing – Urban Growth Development Corporation
- North-South Rail Link Rapid Business Case Writing – Transport for NSW
- Economic Contribution of Naval Bases to Sydney Economy – Department of Defence
- Southern Highlands Education Demand Assessment – Catholic Education, Wollongong Diocese
- Parramatta Land Use Options and Feasibility Testing – Catholic Education
- Westmead/Western Sydney Education Assessment – Catholic Education
- Greater Sydney Commission, Secondment to the Housing Team
- Frenchs Forest Economic Impact Assessment and Feasibility Study, Residential Developer
- Retirement Market Assessment – Retire Australia
- Economic Inputs into Brookvale, Warringah and Frenchs Forest Structure Plans – Northern Beaches Council