Mark is a chartered civil engineer with a degree in economics who has experience across a range of major infrastructure projects and assets. His engineering ability allows him to focus in on technical challenges, complementing his economics background which supports whole of life project assessments and outcomes.
During his career, Mark has worked across project planning, design, construction and maintenance phases allowing him to take a wholistic approach to infrastructure projects. Mark’s time spent in the planning stages causes him to consider the project’s stakeholders, his design background forces him to look at the project’s technical and assurance requirements, his site experience prompts him to think about construction and his maintenance experience makes him consider the long term asset management. From this background, Mark can balance different perspectives and priorities in successful infrastructure project delivery.
Mark’s design and project management experience, whilst working in a range of contract structures has given him first-hand knowledge of their intricacies and relative merits.
Areas of Expertise
- Project management
- Design management
- Project delivery
- Engineering and Economics background
Mark’s experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- Elizabeth Drive Upgrade Strategic Design – NSW Roads and Maritime Services
- Pacific Highway Upgrades – NSW Roads and Maritime Services:
- Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads
- Woolgoolga to Ballina
- Woolgoolga to Glenugie
- M4 West Existing Assets Condition Assessment – NSW Roads and Maritime Services and Sydney Motorway Corporation
- Martin Place Station Development Unsolicited Proposal – Macquarie Bank
- City to the Lake Urban Development – Land Development Agency