Craig is a financial, commercial and government policy advisory professional with over 20 years’ experience in consulting and government. With qualifications in commerce and law, he brings a strong understanding of government as a result of his many years of experience within the Queensland public sector.
He has significant experience in both business case management and transaction management of large complex infrastructure and commercial projects. His proven track record of achievement extends across commercial projects, major asset sales and long-term leases, fiscal management, government policy development, policy and governance reviews and project assurance.
Craig plays a key role in the Queensland Government’s Inland Rail project team. His other recent projects include strategy and governance work for Queensland Rail and TransLink, and he had key roles in the initial public offering of Aurizon Limited and the long-term lease transactions at Cairns and Mackay airports. Craig was previously responsible for overall management of two Queensland State Budget processes. He has extensive experience in project assurance, having managed the Queensland Government’s Gateway Review Unit and reviewed major road infrastructure projects for the Australian Government.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial and commercial expertise together with strong analytical abilities
- Government policy development
- Strategy and governance development and reviews
- Business case management and transaction management
- Project assurance and governance
- Strong stakeholder management, consultation and negotiation expertise
- Highly developed written communication skills
Craig’s infrastructure experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- Inland Rail Project – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Governance Review – TransLink (Queensland)
- Rollingstock Results Program – Queensland Rail
- Aurizon Limited initial public offering – Queensland Treasury
- Cairns Airport Divestment – Queensland Treasury
- Mackay Airport Divestment – Queensland Treasury
- Queensland State Budget Co-ordinator– Queensland Treasury
- Clem7 tunnel – Queensland Government