Ashley has wide ranging experience in Australia-Asia, Europe and the Americas with a concentration in transaction phase technical due diligence for large-scale infrastructure projects and investments. Ashley led a specialist global team focused primarily on ‘buy side’ advisory and technical due diligence for Public Private Partnership (PPP) transactions, providing concession agreement and performance specification reviews, capital and operating cost forecasts, lifecycle analysis, patronage and revenue forecasts, scenario analyses and risk assessments to bidding consortia.
Assignments involved extensive and intense stakeholder engagement and management, often across conflicting perspectives and interests. Additionally, Ashley has served in a range of government transportation policy and advisory roles in Australia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Clients included developers, concessionaires, financiers, owners, and other key players in the infrastructure finance market. In line with this market’s dynamics and client expectations, Ashley’s responsibilities encompassed business and strategic development, opportunity identification, project definition and commercial negotiations, and project management and delivery.
Ashley makes sure things happen, are done the right way and within the required timeframe. Core competencies focus on managing diverse sets of people, making sure they have the resources and know what the direction, targets and priorities are whilst maintaining a big picture, end result focus.
Areas of Expertise
- Project directorship and developing, managing and cultivating high-functioning results-focused teams
- Strategic thought leader, navigating complex technical, social, political and economic issues and negotiating sustainable outcomes
- Infrastructure project assessments including cost-benefit analyses, feasibility studies and business cases
- Communicating across multi-disciplinary project teams
- Management of multiple stakeholders, both within project teams and with external parties
- Extensive first-hand knowledge of different PPP models
Ashley’s infrastructure experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- Sydney – M4, M5, ED, WM7, M2, Lane Cove Tunnel, Cross City Tunnel
- Brisbane – TransApex and Clem 7 Tunnel
- Melbourne – CityLink
- Poland – A2 Motorway in Poznan
- Netherlands – A12 Ede to Grijsoord
- France – Autoroute A507 (L2 Marseille Bypass)
- Croatia – Croatian Motorways privatisation
- Canada – 407 Toronto, Ontario
- USA / Canada – American Roads LLC – Budget Review and Strategic Business Plan
- Mexico – Arco Norte
- Freight and Logistics
- Australia – Port Botany / Port Kembla / Port Newcastle, Moorebank Intermodal, Enfield intermodal in NSW
- Middle East – Abu Dhabi Multimodal Freight Master Plan in United Arab Emirates