Andrew Van Der Saag
Andrew is an analytical thinker with experience in investigating complex policy issues and effectively communicating the key results to a range of technical literacies. He began his career at the Reserve Bank of Australia as an Economic & Financial Analyst, before shifting his focus to Data Analytics & Visualisation.
Andrew has developed strong skills in compiling, cleaning and analysing data from a variety of sources, using tools such as Excel, R and SQL. He is also adept at creating innovative visualisations in Tableau and R to present the results of his analyses. Econometrics is a key strength, with knowledge of advanced statistical and econometric techniques for analysing time series, panel and cross-sectional data.
Andrew is a team-player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues to achieve the best possible outcome. He is a strong communicator with experience in writing Government-style publications and verbally presenting research in both formal and informal settings.
Areas of expertise
- Data management and analysis using Excel, R, Stata and SQL
- Creating visualisations and stories in Tableau
- Econometric techniques for modelling and forecasting data
- Ability to understand and interpret complex data relationships
- Communicating ideas and results, both verbally and in written-form
- Sydney Metro West final business case – Transport for NSW
- Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 planning – Transport for NSW