Arthur is a qualified Civil Engineer with over 22 years’ experience in transport for both the private and public sector. His experience covers the complete spectrum from strategic planning, network planning, project development, procurement and delivery.
Arthur’s key career roles have been as Network Integration Director for the procurement and delivery of Cross River Rail, General Manager, Major Projects at Queensland Rail leading the delivery of ETCS Level 1 and 2, NGR operational readiness, Cross RR interface, MBRL and Lawnton to Petrie delivery, Gold Coast Light Rail and Brisbane Metro interface and Beerburrum to Nambour business case lead; General Manager, Major Projects (inc. Project Director – Bus and Train (BaT) Project for Queensland Dept of Transport and Main Roads; General Manager, Policy and Planning, Queensland Dept of Transport and Main Roads; Deputy Project Director and Project Manager, Cross River Rail, Queensland Dept of Transport and Main Roads; Executive Director, Transport Planning Delivery, Queensland Dept of Transport and Main Roads – including leading Connecting SEQ 2031; and as Associate Director (Planning and Infrastructure Policy) KPMG Australia.
Areas of Expertise
- Excellent strategic leadership and team management skills
- Strong project management discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong strategic, conceptual and analytical skills,
- Extensive understanding of the challenges facing the SEQ Transport Network
- Completed the ANZSOG ‘Towards Strategic Leadership’ program
- PRINCE2 and MSP foundation training for effective project and program management
Arthur’s experience has been demonstrated on key projects such as:
- European Train Control Systems program (ETCS) – Queensland Rail
- New Generation Rollingstock (NGR) Operational Readiness Program – Queensland Rail
- Cross River Rail (CRR) and Bus and Train Project (BaT) – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Connecting SEQ 2031 – An Integrated Regional Transport Plan – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- TransLink Network Plan – TransLink Division, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads